What is DAT File?
Files having the DAT file extension is a kind of generic data file that saves the certain information that is related to the program that creates the file. Applications that basically use them are Cleaner, Porteus, and Minecraft. DAT files are represented with the DAT file extension and it can be viewed and edited by using the Microsoft Windows application or the Mac software, this software is basically used to create the DAT file.
A DAT file that consists of an essential information for software to handle. DAT files that generally include either plain text or the binary text, although in lots of cases, you may encounter those as the actual video file for programs such as VCD Gear or Cyber Link Power Director. Windows based system user can use the Notepad text editor to open the DAT file. In contrast, users of Mac can use any Apple Text editor to view the DAT file.
- Disk Images
- Compressed Files
- Encoded Files
- Metadata Files
Software that help to open DAT files:
- Microsoft Applications
- Web browsers
- Software programs
- Media players
- Photo viewers
Methods to open DAT File
It is very difficult to understand whether the DAT files the user is trying to deal with containing the text, pictures, videos or the configuration files for the software on your computer, opening a DAT file will change depending on the information it consists of. DAT files can be viewed in any standard text editor as they are in the text format.
1:- On Windows
- Firstly, determine the DAT file program
- Open the program and click on the selected file.
- Click on the file and open it.
- Display all files in the file explorer.
- Then select the DAT file and click on the open.
- If prompted, confirm that you want to open the file.
- At last, change the file extension of the DAT file if you feel necessary.
2:- On Mac
- Firstly, determine the DAT file program.
- Open the application and then drag it to the window of the application.
- Now drop the file there
- If prompted, confirm on the checkbox that you wish to view the file.
- lastly, change the file extension of the DAT file if it is necessary.
3:- Finding the appropriate program
- Firstly, consider the file context.
- Take the permission from the file creator.
- Open the DAT file.
- Have a short glimpse on the information about the DAT file
- Then you should try to open the file in a general program.
- Lastly, it should be used for trial-and-error.
Convert DAT file to MP4 file on Windows/Mac:
Now we will be discussing how a DAT file can be converted into an MP4 file format on windows or Mac, and to convert the file on Mac you first need to download the Mac version and then follow the similar steps given below.
Convert DAT file to MP4 file by using the Wondershare Converter:
1- Firstly, download the wondershare Free Converter on your PC/Mac.
2- After installation launch the converter and hit the Add files button from the convert window to browse the file
3- Add the DAT files from the personal computer.
4- Convert all files button to open the list of file formats.
5- Choose any one file formats of your choice that you want to convert such as MP4.
6- Click on the “Convert All” tab to convert your DAT file into an MP4 file format.
● It provides an array of video and audio file formats for free conversion.
● It also supports batch processing for converting multiple files at a similar time
● It Features in-application editing functions.
● Other functions related to the video like Video Download, Burn DVD, and Video Transfer are also available.
● You can have a watermark on the output video.
● Fewer functions than Wonder share Uni Converter.
Read Some Related File Extension: