What is a DDS file?
DDS file design (short for DirectDraw Surface) contains raster pictures utilized by DirectX. Standard DDS record holds surfaces, foundations, backdrops, models, and surface guides for PC games.
DDS design starting points–
DDS design was made alongside DirectX 7.0 norm. Each fresher DirectX rendition added further enhancements – DirectX 8.0 added support for volume surfaces., Direct3D 10 added surface exhibits and Direct3D 11 presented another surface norm, Direct3D.
Projects which support DDS file extension–
The rundown that follows specifies programs viable with DDS documents, isolated into 4 classes dependent on the working framework on which they are accessible. DDS documents can be experienced on all framework stages, including versatile, yet there is no assurance each will appropriately support such records.
Software that help s to open file on window
- Adobe Photoshop
- Battlefield 1942
- DDS Viewer
- FastPictureViewer Professional
- FPS Creator
How to open DDS file?
Being not able to open files with DDS extension can behave at different starting points. Luckily, most normal issues with DDS documents can be tackled without top to bottom IT information, and above all, very quickly. We have arranged a posting of which will assist you with settling your concerns with DDS files.
1. Get the NVIDIA Texture Tools
The clearest arrangement is to download and introduce NVIDIA Texture Tools or one to the recorded projects: Xn View, NVIDIA DDS Thumbnail Viewer, Paint.NET.
2. Update it
On the off chance that the issues with opening DDS documents happen even after introducing NVIDIA Texture Tools, it is conceivable that you have an obsolete variant of the product. Check the designer’s site whether a more up-to-date form of NVIDIA Texture Tools is accessible.
3. Relegate NVIDIA Texture Tools.
On the off chance that you have the most recent rendition of NVIDIA Texture Tools introduced and the issue endures, select it as the default program to be utilized to oversee DDS on your gadget. The following stage should represent no issues. The method is clear and to a great extent framework free.
4. Check that the DDS isn’t broken
Should the issue happen after following stages 1-3, check if the DDS file is legitimate?
1. Confirm that the DDS being referred to isn’t tainted with a PC infection.
2. Check that the DDS record’s construction is flawless.
3. You have fitting access freedoms.
4. Ensure that the framework has adequate assets to run NVIDIA Texture Tools.
5. Guarantee that you have the most recent drivers and framework updates and fixes introduced.
Method to change the default program in Windows
- Right-click the DDS file and pick open with choice.
- Click chooses another application.
- Selects more applications choice
Read Some Related File Extension: