What is Doc file extension?
Microsoft has developed the Doc File Extension and is mainly written in the binary format. Doc files are the Text files. A Doc file is a text document created by Microsoft Word or any other prom that is word processing like OpenOffice Writer or Apple Pages. This may include the formatted text, tables, pictures, graphs, charts, page formatting, and print settings.
The DOC files are used to create a variety of documents, consisting of letters, resumes, essays, and invitations. At the same time, DOCX files store the documents in the Open XML file format. Microsoft Word is the most renowned word processing application worldwide. Microsoft Word gives the default filename and the file extension to the new documents before word 2007.
Open DOC files with Corel DRAW
- Firstly, Launch the Corel DRAW on your computer.
- Select the File option and then tap the Open command.
- Find the document file that you need to open.
- Select the file that you wish to open
- Then edit and save your file.
Open DOC files on Windows
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
Software that Supports DOC files to Open.
- Free File Viewer
- Microsoft Office
- Word Perfect
How to open Document in Windows 10?
Step 1: Click on the word file on the menu bar of an application.
If the application hides the menu bar, you can reveal it by pressing the ALT key. If the menu bar still does not exist, then the program may have the ribbon and a thick strip of multicolored icons along with the top of the Window; if you spot the ribbon, click on the button that lies on the leftmost corner to let the file menu dropdown.
Step 2: When the File menu drops down, choose Open
Windows gives the sense of the open Window, shown here, and it looks like the documents folder. There is one major difference; this time, your folder exhibits only those files that your specific program knows how to open the file.
Step 3: Point at your desired document, click the mouse button and click the Open button.
On the touch screen device, click the document to open the file.
Step 4: program opens the file and then displays it on the screen
The process of opening any file works in this way in most of the windows programs, whether written by Microsoft, corporate partners, or the teenager sitting down the street.
Open Doc File in WordPad
The WordPad program is simply a word processing program that is included with every copy of Windows. WordPad can still open any document that is saved using the .doc file extension. Opening a .doc file using WordPad is just like opening a Word document, albeit with a few extra steps.
- Click on the “Start” button in the computer’s taskbar and then select the “Run” option.
- Tap the “File” menu and then select the “Open” option.
- Tap the arrow located in the right of the “Files of type” heading and then select the “Word for Windows ” option from the dropdown list
- Locate the .doc file that you need to open on the computer’s hard drive, highlight it, and press the “Open” tab to open the document in the WordPad program.
How to convert DOC file to PDF file?
- Any sound word processor supporting opening a DOC file can surely save the file to a different document format.
- All the software mentioned above- Kingsoft writer, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, etc., can save the DOC files in different file format if you are looking forward to a special conversion such as DOC to DOCX.
- Another best option to convert a DOC file to the DOCX file format is to use a dedicated document converter.
- A free file converter can also convert a DOC file into other file formats such as PDF files and JPG files.
- We also like to use the FileZigZag for converting the DOC file because it is just like Zamzar; in FileZigZag, you don’t need to download any program to use it.
- It supports the number of file formats in which you can store the DOC files such as RTF, HTML, ODT, and TXT rather than PDF and JPG.
Steps for the Conversion Process:
- Click on the Microsoft Office Button, point the arrow next to the “Save As” command, and then click on the PDF or XPS file.
- In the list of filenames, type or select the name for the document.
- In the list of “Save as” type, click on the PDF file option.
- Open the file immediately after saving it.
- Select the Open file button after publishing the check box.
- Click on the Publish tab.
Read Some Related File Extension: