MP4 File format is known as MPEG-4 or MPEG-4 AVC MP4 is a multimedia file format which is used to store video and audio data. MP4 Files use separate compression for video and audio tracks. MPEG-4 compression is used for compressing videos.
MP4 is also used to store subtitles or images and movies or video clip. Because of high compression used in MP4 video, the file size becomes much smaller than other video formats. Reducing the file size does not affect the quality of file. So MP4 is a portable and network friendly video format.
How to open MP4 file?
To open a MP4 file on different devices follow thefollowing ways-
- To open a MP4 file you need to install a video player on your device with MPEG-4 Part 14 codec.
- Now double click on the video file and it will open using your installed video players.
- When you want to open MP4 file on windows, you can open it in Windows Media Player.
- If you want to open your MP4 file on Mac OS ,you can open it using iTunes and by double clicking on MP4 file in Mac OS Finder.
- For iOS devices native iOS video player is used to open MP4 file.
How to play MP4 files in Pc?
Step 1 – On windows 10 running PC’s first select ‘START’ and then ‘File Explore’ or select File Explorer from Taskbar.
Step 2 – Right click on MP4 file which you want to play, now select the option ‘Open With’ and then choose your preferred media player from the list of applications.
What is MP3 File?
MP3 is an audio file format that is used to store audios only. MP3 can compress and encode an audio file. The lossy compression algorithm is used in MP3 to compress the audio data. This type of compression helps to reduce the data without losing the quality of audio. For maintaining the original quality of audio MP3 files are created using different bit rates. MP3 is an audio coding format.
Difference between MP4 and MP3 –
- MP4 is an abbreviation for MPEG-4, while MP3 is an abbreviation for layer 3 of MPEG-1 audio.
- The MP4 file format is consider as the revolution of the MP3 file format.
- MP4 file format can store audio, videos, and images and subtitles. but MP3 format can store audio only.
- MP4 file is a digital multimedia container format while MP3 file is an audio coding format.
- MP4 file uses a high quality compression for compressing the videos and audios while MP3 file uses a lossy compression for compressing the audios.
- MP4 file formats provide more flexibility and functionality and support for video, which the MP3 file format lacks
How to convert MP4 to MP3?
If your audio player or phone memory is getting full, you can convert any audio saved as MP4 to the MP3 file format by following steps-
1. First open your windows media player
2. Now click on file and then open, in open dialogue you find the location on your computer of the MP4 file you want to convert into a MP3 file.
3. Once your targeted MP4 file has been opened in Windows Media Player, click on “File” and then “Save As”. In the Save As dialogue click on File Name and change it to .MP3 from .MP4.
4. Now navigate the location on your computer where you want to save your converted MP3 file and then click on Save. After that Windows Media Player will begin converting the MP4 file into MP3 file.
What is the uses of MP4 file ?
1. MP4file format is used to store videos, audio, images, and subtitles.
2. MP4 video file can support stage description, 3-D objects and embedded interactivity features.
3. MP4 file format is used for video streaming over internet.
4. MP4 file format offers versatility and benefits to the users, so most of the users preferred MP4 file format. 5. MP4 file format provides more functionality and flexibility.
Read Some Related File Extension: